Swordsearcher

Monday, December 29, 2008

Well, it's now two days after my daughter (Elizabeth Rose) was born and it's still surreal. There is probably only one word to describe it, blessing. It is such a blessing that we have her now and honestly I'm so relieved Amy doesn't have to go through the pregnancy anymore. But, now the real fun begins...raising a daughter, it will be wonderful. It will be a whole new experience for me...all over again. Because, while this is my first daughter...I did play a small part raising my sisters. Twelve years older than Pam and fourteen older than Katie, I was more of a younger parent to them then a sibling (although we did have our sibling moments! lol).

Amy and Elizabeth will be coming home tomorrow and a new chapter in our lives will begin. It will be hard but I'm up for the challenge. I actually feel renewed now that the pregnancy is over, the last couple months have been hard (more so for Amy). The people at our Church brought dinner over tonight (I had already fixed dinner though) and they'll be bringing over dinner for the next five nights!! Man, they are great bunch...stick together through thick and thin. God has blessed us with so many things lately and I am humbled.

I'll close with some pictures I took at the hospital the last few days:



























2 comments:

Malinda said...

You were a GREAT big brother! Elizabeth Rose( Sean and Ryan) are blessed to have you both as parents. I am glad to hear you are getting a lot of support from fellow church members.

mamazee said...

what a sweet little dolly - i am loving your blog, too :) - the world needs more people willing to tell it like it is :)