Swordsearcher

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Days/Weeks after SGT Moretti's Death (3rd Deployment Journal - 7/6/07)

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've written in here and it's been a difficult 2 weeks. The last few days have been ok but memories of the death of SGT Moretti were brought up by her memorial service on the 30th of June. It was moving but I didn't have any tears until closer to the end of the ceremony. I think what broke me were older men crying and hugging each other. When you see 1SG's and SGM crying, it's like watching my Dad cry.

Anyway, I've been told I will possibly be going up to Baghdad later this month to relieve someone for a month. I am not really thrilled about it but someone has to do it and we really don't have many people. Either way, I still don't like that I have to leave my Marines, especially since I am in a SNCOIC billet. Most likely, I will bring this journal with me I can make entries while I am gone.

No comments: