Swordsearcher

Sunday, March 6, 2011

3rd Deployment Journal - 5/25/2007

5/25/07

Holy crap! I can't believe how long it has been since I'e wrote in here. It probably has a lot to do with how monotonous the days are. I gotta say, in some aspects, this is the worst deployment I've been on. Sure, this deployment is safer, more ammenities but there are more cons to this deployment. For one, I only get to see all of my Marines once a day, at lunch. I feel the Marines I've been to war with are like my brothers, the only one I can feel the same about this time is Sims. Also, it seemed on the last deployment we had more of a brotherhood w/ the infantry unit we supported. I still have a great love and respect for 2/24 (2nd Battalion, 24th Marine Regiment) out of Chicago. Those guys were awesome and I still feel great pride when I hear of their efforts.

Although, this is my first deployment where I've been right w/ God. I can only thank Amy for putting me on the right path to Jesus. I have prayed every night (actually, afternoon) before I go to sleep. I have even prayed for terrorist on occasion. I pray that just one will come to Jesus and accept His love. I haven't done as well reading the Bible this month as last month but I plan on fixing that. I really love the book of John and I think I'll read it again so I can get back into it.

I've received a few cards from my Dad. Of course, they've been kind of random, as usual, but at least he is making an effort unlike me. I really need to take the time and write him something. he said he has now been working at the olive oil company for 2 years which is a huge accomplishment. I hope he is doing well and can stay on his feet for good. I've really thought about how I can take care of him when he gets too old to work. Hopefully he still has a couple decades left but I do worry about him. My mom and Rich have Pam, Katie and I but my Dad only has me and I feel obligated to take care of him. I haven't talked to Amy about all of this but I don't know how she would take the idea of me wanting to take care of my father by bringing him under our roof, if necessary. I just don't know if he could take care of himself just on social security. One of these days, Amy and I will have to discuss it but I believe it will be awhile before we have the take action on it.

No comments: